Originally I had intended to post every week. The idea was to use the blog to keep motivated for the project. As I got into the habit of painting that motivation became intrinsic. Hence no posts for the past four months. There was a lot of painting though.
I have completed all of the troops for my battle-demi company. Just in time for 8th Edition to do away with formations. Nevermind, I’m not bothered about that. I now have all the troops I’ll ever need for a Sauroters Space Marine army:
- Three tactical squads with magnetized special weapons options
- One tactical squad with magnetized special weapons and a missile launcher
- One five man Command Squad with three grav guns a Veteran sergeant with power fist and a Chapter Champion
- One five man Devastator Squad with magnetized heavy weapons
- One five man Assault Squad with jump packs
I haven’t based them yet as I am waiting until I complete the 3 HQ choices, so I can do them all at once. All 58 of them. I have purchased some vehicles but I will do them as a separate project. The painting varies slightly from squad to squad but I’d say they’re all a decent tabletop quality and WYSIWYG. En mass they are pretty impressive.